TEDxNYIT on Oct. 10, 2013: Meta Resiliency"The Resiliency of Resiliency"
- Date & Time: Oct. 10, 2013, 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Venue: NYIT Auditorium on Broadway, 1871 Broadway, New York, NY 10023
- Contact: Nicole Novack 516.686.7659 or email email@example.com
- Order Tickets for TEDxNYIT Meta-Resiliency
9 - 9:30 a.m.
INTRO + Ted Video
9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
What did we learn after Hurricane Sandy and 911? What does preparedness look like while sitting and waiting for the next disruption?
- Claes Frossen (Sweden) - City Move | "HOW TO MOVE A CITY"
- Moe Abbas (USA) - Sandy First Responder | "RISK vs. RESPONSIBILITY"
- Margaret Newman (USA) - NY Dept. of Transportation | "NEW DIRECTIONS FOR THE STREETSCAPE"
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
What are the social intuitive dynamics of communities? What does a bottom up grass roots response look like?
- Sandy Safi (Canada) - Dîner en Blanc | "BEAUTY HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE COME TOGETHER"
- Illya Azaroff (USA)- AIA DFRR | "WE ARE NOT ALONE"
- Ron Dembo- Zerofootprint | "RESILIENCE AND ENGAGEMENT"
- Erin Hill (USA) - Singer, Harpist, Songwriter | "PERFORMANCE"
2 - 3 p.m.
PEDAGOGY AND PRAXIS
What are the new opportunities of resilience pedagogy and praxis?
- Thomas Ermacora (UK) - Etikstudio | "CLEAR VILLAGE"
- Casey Mack (USA) - Popular Architecture | "BOUNCING FORWARD"
- Alex Alaimo (USA) - Operation Resilient Long Island | "BOUNCING UP"
3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
What are the changes in the basic assumptions going forward? How will these affect future interventions?
- David Dixon (USA) - Goody Clancy | "A RISING TIDE OF OPPORTUNITY"
- Fernando Romero (MEXICO) - FR-EE | "YOU ARE THE CONTEXT"
- Jing Liu (USA) - SO-IL Architects | "IN PURSUIT OF A UTOPIA"
- Carter Brey (USA) - Habitat4Music/Cellist NY Philharmonic | "+ PERFORMANCE"
WINE AND CHEESE RECEPTION
SPONSORSHIP: $1,000, $2,000 and $5,000 Sponsorships Still Available. For more information, please contact Nicole Novak firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEDx was created in the spirit of TED's mission, "ideas worth spreading." The program is designed to give communities, organizations and individuals the opportunity to stimulate dialogue through TED-like experiences at the local level. At TEDx events, a screening of TEDTalks videos -- or a combination of live presenters and TEDTalks videos -- sparks deep conversation and connections. TEDx events are fully planned and coordinated independently, on a community-by-community basis. For more information, visithttp://www.ted.com/pages/about_tedx.